Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Hills Have Eyes = Disturbingly Awesome!

I am a pretty big fan of movies that are made to scare you. Especially slasher type movies that are drenched in violence and shock value. I have seen a most of the new ones over the past few months - The Devil's Rejects, Wolf Creek, Hostel, Saw (which was atrocious), Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn of the Dead, etc... but I would have to say that The Hills Have Eyes takes the cake. I rented this a couple nights ago - and wow. Talk about a violent movie - the antagonists are a wiley bunch of nuclear fallout mutants that murder and eat innocent people who get lost in the dessert hills of New Mexico - so as you can imagine it is pretty awesome. Also, Claire (from Lost) is one of the main characters - which is nice. This movie is good if you like slasher movies, but I don't know if would consider it a good movie - it is kinda hard to judge movies like this on that scale because they are all kinda bad - that's just the nature of the beast I guess. So that's it - I give it my official recommendation, also check out The Devil's Rejects it's also awesomely disturbing. None of these beats Dawn of the Dead, though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Eleta said...

Hey Matt, "DaddyFraser" read my blog! hahaha. That's awesome! And, I too watched this movie this week. No sleep! I did enjoy the fact that "Beast" got a piece of the weirdos! Check out Cabin Fever and Slither for some campy horror laughs... And, Dawn of the Dead is off the heezee.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I wanna check out Slither - I don't think it's out on DVD yet - I will have to check it out when it hits the shelves.
For everyone else - I linked my friend Sara's blog in my links section. Give her some love.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. for shock value, the old tex chainsaw is a much better rep for the slasher genre. shot with hand held cameras it scared the bejesus out of me when it came out in the 70's. oh, and i checked out sara's blog, great start.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home