Friday, September 14, 2007

Wilco live @ the Paladium tonight!

Today brings reason for celebration on two fronts. One of my favorite bands and what I believe to be the best touring band in the world is playing a show in Dallas tonight at the Paladium Ballroom. I don't really feel the need to elaborate on this, as I know that most of my Stay Classy readers love Wilco just as much as I do... I haven't seen them do most of their new songs off Sky Blue Sky, so this is going to be really great. It may be my favorite Wilco album, in tough competition with Summerteeth, I really like Ghost is Born too.
Here is a link to a NPR Live Concert Series podcast featuring a set that Wilco did in studio last year, if you wanna listen to it - Wilco NPR Podcast.
The other reason for celebration is that last night, my good friend Sterling and his girlfriend Kristen got engaged. So... a special congrats to both of them.
Here is a sample from the new Wilco album if you are not familiar with them, but are intrigued...
Wilco - The Thanks I Get

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the best band in the land.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Cinematically-Correct.com said...

I was there and they pretty much rocked. What did you think? Two and half hours without a dull moment? There isn't a better rock band going right now.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out. Only unfortunate part was missing this show Friday night. What about Interpol at the Paladium next week? You going?

1:21 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I enjoyed the show, we got there right before they went on so we didn't have a very good place to stand... but it was still great. I loved the "it's just that simple". Nels Cline is incredible.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home