Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy 30th Anniversary Star Wars.

Today, May 25th, 2007 marks the 30th Anniversary of the release date of the very first Star Wars film (Episode IV). As most of you know, Star Wars has been a huge fascination of mine my whole life. In my youth, my bedroom was tattooed with all things Star Wars and I watched at least one of the films weekly for years and years. During the move (you remember - next to the Sandpeople), I found a bunch of sketchbooks from my younger years and they are filled with X-Wings and Yodas. I can think of at least half a dozen college and high school papers written around the ideals and culture implications associated with Star Wars. Without a doubt the most important film (film series) of a generation, maybe ever -- it influenced the growth of imaginations and creativity of an entire nerd generation and has continued to do so ever since.

There is a rumor that Lucas is going to announce the plans of a new Star Wars film today - but I haven't heard for sure if that is true. I am thinking this may be the first part of a much bigger nerd conspiracy, so I am a tad bit skeptic. Since the beginning, Lucas had been planning to do a third trilogy telling the story of Leia and Han's kids (the next generation of Jedis) and the tragic fall of Luke to the Dark Side. After Episode III, Lucas announced that he was not going to go through with making the final trilogy... but maybe he has changed his mind.

To all my Star Wars buddies past and present (you know who you are) - Happy Anniversary.

Star Wars culture greatness...


can't forget about this guy...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've found them.

Repeat. I've found them.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The new films were just a rumor. Sparked by a mis-quote from Lucas. They're not happening. but two tv series are in the works.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home