Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Music Tuesday :: Fleet Foxes

It is pretty obvious I have been slacking because I haven't posted about this album yet. It has been spinning in my car non-stop the past couple weeks. I don't really wanna bore you with a bunch of drivel about what makes these guys so good, so I will just leave you with some links to a couple of their tracks. White Winter Hymnal is such a great one, my favorite song of the year so far. The vocals of Robin Pecknold are somewhat similar to that of Jim James and Ben Bridwell, but the band doesn't really sound at all like MMJ or BOH. This may seem kinda weird, but it kinda sounds like an acoustic Animal Collective.

Fleet Foxes are from Seattle, and like a lot of Seattle's best bands, they are with Sub Pop. Wolf Parade, another Sub Pop band, just released their sophmore effort this week - really excited to hear that one as well. Man, music is so great!

Should also throw in there that Jenkins was the one to tell me about this band a few months ago when their EP came out, so I guess a small scoreboard for J-stain.

Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal
Fleet Foxes - He Doesn't Know Why

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home